Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

I Am Married But Here’s What I Do To Other Women – Seasoned Comedian

Comedian Godwin ‘Gordons’ Komone has spoken on his career and how he handles attention from female fans.
Gordons at a performance.
Formerly a member of music group DC Envoys, Gordons said he pulled out of the group but still intends to do s bit of music before the close of the year or in the early parts of next year.

In an exclusive with The Sun, he disclosed that he left the group for comedy owing to internal issues at the time.
He said: “I didn’t leave DC Envoys because they were not progressing. I left DC Envoys because I felt it was time for a new dimension. DC Envoys was already having issues internally, and while trying to handle it, I discovered that this other door was still open. So, I decided to merge the two, but I discovered that comedy took the better part of me. That was how I left music finally.”
He also outlines the problems bedeviling the comedy sector of the entertainment industry saying there is the need for a regulatory body and the need for more organization among other things.
He said: “It’s very challenging. One, there is joke piracy and secondly, the industry is not organised. I mean we don’t have a governing body yet like we have the PMAN for musicians. We don’t have any association for comedians. Everybody comes into the game and tries to do one or two things. Of course, you will try to write a joke and someone else will pick it up and tell it somewhere else without giving you credit for it. All these things are challenging. People are getting money now in the industry, they just might be people who took other people’s jokes and make a life out of them.”
On his relationship with his wife he sounded elated even as he stated that the union has taught him a lot on perseverance and being responsible.
He said: “It has taught me how to be responsible and careful, and also how to accommodate somebody else’s weakness. I didn’t get married when I was Gordons. I got married when I was Godwin. My wife and I met each other when I was nobody, and the love we shared is still sustaining us.” 
Having attained some level of renown the female attention must be out of control and he admitted.
But he added that he handles them accordingly. He said: “I let them know that I’m married and I love my wife. I wouldn’t like to do to my wife what I won’t want her to do to me. I try as much as possible to keep it clean; I have a lot of female admirers. I try to keep clean in such a way that it will not hurt the woman who got married to me when I was nobody. I handle them in the possible way that I can because they are still my fans and I don’t want to lose them. I try as much as possible to keep a straight line, I let them know that this area you can’t go, but we can be friends.”
Gordons is a Nigerian comedian who started off as a singer in the group DC Envoys. He has performed at several A-list shows across the nation and abroad.
He had a humble beginning having stayed with his grandmother through the formative years as his mother was separated from his father when he was only a few months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment